McCook YMCA Executive Director Mitch Gross says there are excited to announce that we will begin Phase 2 of reopening on Tuesday, May 26th. The facility began a multi-phase reopening process with phase one on May 14th that involved the implementation of directed health measures to ensure the safety and well being of members and staff. A set of new policies and guidelines are in place to confirm that these directed health measures are being met in accordance with Local & State Health Departments, the CDC, Y-USA and our Board of Directors.
Reopening – Phase 2: Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020 – Friday, May 29, 2020 (Adjusted Hours)
- Saturday, May 23: Closed
- Sunday, May 24: Closed
- Monday, May 25: Closed (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, May 26: 5am – 7pm
- Wednesday, May 27: 5am – 7pm
- Thursday, May 28: 5am – 7pm
- Friday, May 29: 5am – 7pm
- Saturday, May 30: Closed
- Sunday, May 31: Closed
- Phase 3 begins on June 1 with return to normal summer hours
Age Restriction: Ages 13 and up. Ages 13 – 15 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times. No drop offs will be allowed.
Members Only: Current members only. Day passes and guests will not be allowed. Nationwide YMCA members will not be permitted. New memberships are always welcomed!
- Members must perform self-verification of health in accordance to symptoms before entering the facility. Members showing any signs of illness will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- All members will enter and use the facility at their own risk.
- Members must use the one way entry and exit system in and out of the building. Members are highly encouraged to use the hand sanitizer station placed near the entry/exit doors.
- Members must bring their own water bottles and sweat towels. Drinking fountains are available for bottle fill only.
- Loitering and gathering in the lobby will not be permitted.
- Personal protection masks are recommended for members as they enter/exit the building and when communicating with YMCA staff. Wearing a mask during exercise is discouraged.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available at multiple points throughout open areas of the building.
- The front desk will be utilized for staff only. Members must maintain a 6 foot social distance.
- The electronic submission of payments, forms, or correspondences is highly encouraged.
Additionally, we will continue a rigorous cleaning schedule every day, and additional sanitation stations are available for individual wipe-downs of equipment. We ask that all members clean the equipment they use before and immediately after their workout.
- Wellness Center (cardio machines & walking track): 10 person maximum, 6 foot social distancing is required, use of designated machines only, machines must be disinfected after each use.
- Weight Room: 5 person maximum, 6 foot social distancing is required, use of designated machines only, machines must be disinfected after each use.
- Group Fitness Classes & Water Aerobics will begin with an adjusted schedule and 10 person maximum (6 person maximum for spinning). 6 foot social distancing required.
- Gymnasium open to a maximum of 10 people. Members must bring their own equipment/balls. Pick-up games are not allowed. 6 foot social distancing required.
- Pickleball will be available. Members must bring their own paddles and balls. Nets will be set up for your convenience.
- Lap swim
- Upper Level Restrooms: Wash hands after use.
- Family Locker Rooms in the lower lever
- Locker rooms, showers and saunas will remain closed until further notice. If you need to remove items from a locker, a staff person will be available to escort you
- Open / Rec Swim
- Racquetball, Golf Simulator, Game Room, Towel Service
- Child Watch
Admittance to the Building:
Members are highly encouraged to sign in electronically prior to entering the facility using the reservation software link. If members do not have the capability to reserve a time slot using the reservation software link, they may call the YMCA directly at 308-345-6228 to reserve their space. Members choosing to show up without a reserved time slot may do so, however, they will only be permitted entry if space is available.
Complete information regarding phase two is now available on our web site. For more information regarding the ED Thomas YMCA of McCook and our reopening plan, please visit our web site at mccookymca.org and social media platforms.